Wednesday, February 24, 2010

15.41.09N, -124.39.59W

Hello All,
Here we are on the high seas and lately they have been a little high. We got into the trade winds about mid way through my birthday and all was good then the wind came up to about 25 knots which was to much for my yankee jib so we had to get it down and of coarse it happened right after dark. We managed to get it down and got the main sail up with a double reef in it, to those who don't know what a reef is, basically it is making your sail shorter so it catches less wind. We have been under that sail ever since. It's not really the wind that is an issue it is the north west swell meeting a north east swell right where we are at. I always wondered what clothes felt like in a washing machine. Well now I do, sucks to be the clothes. I am hoping this will change in the next few days. Besides all that, all is well, we are well fed and the boat is a real trooper or maybe we are, well no matter lol. I figure if we keep up the pace we will be half way in 3 and a half days. That will keep us going for a while. That is all I know for now so I will talk to you all soon.

P.S.Thank you to everyone who thought of me on my birthday and sent an email.
Love to all

PEACE

1 comment:

  1. I remember trying to bring in that monster in high winds out here on the Bay, it wasn't much fun, then either. Happy Birthday, and all. Just got back from the HYC meeting. Nothing special.
    Be safe out there, and I will be heading that way in a year or less,
    Johann

    ReplyDelete