Monday, February 22, 2010

19.48.03.N - 122.38.75W

Hello All,
We are still sailing right along. The wind has come up to 20 knots and the seas are manageable. We are making 6 knots at the moment. If this keeps up we should be able to make 120 miles today. It is still partly cloudy but it is 70 degrees already this morning. It never got below 67 degrees last night which was nice. We are in a following sea so the boat rolls from side to side a lot. You have to have a good grip on things and it really wears you out holding on all the time. Who was it that said that sailing is Mararitas and Hoola girls,I haven't seen either yet LOL The water out here is so clear and a very deep blue. It is really amazing. We are sailing in over 17,000 feet of water right now, I must say that is another first for me. I figure at this rate we have about 20 days to go yet. Historically this is suppose to be a 30 day crossing,I guess we will see. I am celebrating my birthday today, The big 43. What better a place to be on your birthday.
Well that's all I know for now so will talk to you soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment