Saturday, February 27, 2010

10.46.12, -127.09.08

Hello All,
By the time you guys read this we will be past the half way point to the islands YEAH! It has been a 60 hour grind to get here threw the trades. We encountered more confused seas and the wind picked up to 30 knots at one point. The boat handled itself well but we were getting tossed so badly it was hard to cook or do even simple tasks. Yesterday morning I made ham and cheese omelets, when I was finished I handed the the first plate to Tobias who was sitting out on deck. He was about to ask for the salt when we took a wave over the side, when I looked up he was soaked and he was pouring the salt water off his plate, I asked, did you say something? He said yeah but never mind I am good now. Two nights ago I got showered 4 times, one wave made a bath tub out of the cock pit. It has been getting better everyday. The swell is a little less and the wind let up to 15 knots. The boat is still rolling a lot but its much better than it was. The outside temp is 80 today and the sea temp is 79, we should be well done by the time we get there. All is well and we are having a good time.
That's all I know for now so I will talk to you soon.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment