Saturday, May 22, 2010

All is well in Papeete

Hello All,
We have been having a great time here so far.I got my new dingy yesterday,they even delivered it to me down at the key where I am at.After all the tax and local stuff was removed I paid a good price comparable to the US.I tried it out last night with the engine and it works awesome.Delphine and I took a row around the harbor after dinner,it was flat calm and it was very cool to see the city from out on the water.
We had dinner last night with Rose Corser,Rose and her husband visited the Marquesas Islands for the first time in 1972 and later on they moved to Nuku Hiva from California to start a small hotel and catered to cruisers that visited.I got Roses address through one of my cruising guides so when mom wanted to send a package to me I had it sent to rose.Mom sent it weeks before I arrived in Huku Hiva so silly old me figured it would be there when I arrived.After arriving I payed Rose a visit and she told me that if it was a package and not a letter that it could be months before it arrives.So I gave her my email and told her my plans of visiting all the islands and we would keep in touch.2 weeks ago i got an email from Rose and told me my package had arrived and she would air mail it to Papeete when I get here.Well Rose did one better,she emailed me a week ago and said she would be in Tahiti on business at the same time we were planing on getting here and gave me the hotel where she would be staying.When we got the boat tied up the other day I looked across the street and there was Roses hotel.After getting settled in I went over and met rose in the lobby and got my package from her.I bought her dinner last night for doing me such a good favor and we had the best time visiting.
Last night after dinner I went out on the town with the next door neighbors crew John.We hit a few popular clubs and stumbled back to the boat sometime this morning lol.Delphine went out shopping this morning and I dont have a clue what we are doing today but I am sure we will think of something.
PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment