Thursday, May 27, 2010

New Crew

Hello All,
We are still tied up in downtown Papaete having a good time.I was gonna go to the anchorage west of us but Curious showed up this morning and tied up next to us.I want to hang out with them while they are here so my plan is to stay here till monday.I owe them dinner for helping us out so we will go out tomorrow night.
2 nights ago we were givin 5 lbs of Mahi Mahi from a cruiser.Brian from Futher with the troller showed up here and we had a BBQ on his boat with the fish and Delphine made a pasta salad.Brian is from Washington state so we always have fun talking motor head stuff and he is a republican,god bless there is more than one of us out here cruising.
Yesterday I got the news from Jon that he wants to stay on the boat as crew member to New Zealand,I am happy to have him onboard.He is from Basque Country if you are not clear where that is then google it,he has sailed alot and is a good hand.
Yesterday Jon and I went on a bus to the surfing beach that has big waves for surfers, Teahupoo. We met 2 dudes while we were there,one was from France and the other from Australia,they rented a car for the day and invited us to come along to explore more of the Island.We hiked up to see the Lava tubes on the Island right before dark and had a really good time visiting along the way.We hiked 5 miles to get to get up to the lava tubes and got back right at sunset.When we got back we had a visit with a Japanese guy with his son that was going around the world.I talked to him about his route and I hope to meet up with him when I get to Japan.
Curious is talking about renting a car to explore the Island in the next few days and we were invited to come along and split the cost of the car so it should be a good times for the next few days.
I will keep in touch and let you know how it goes.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment