Monday, May 31, 2010

Moorea Bound

Hello All,
We have had a great few days.We split the cost of renting a car with Curious and have been sight seeing around the Island.We saw some awesome water falls yesterday and saw the memorial for the HMS Bounty and its crew at Point Venus where Captain Cook set a telescope to observe the planet Venus.Today we took a a drive south of the Island to check out the world famous waves the surfers like to ride on in Teahupoo.We had lunch there at a really nice Cafe and spent 3 hours there.We drove back to the boat right at dark and were invited for dinner on Futher the troller from Washington.We had a good time visiting with the captain Brian.He plays guitar so I brought mine over and had a little jam session..I am so rusty but was still fun playing.The Canadian boat we met in the atolls showed up tonight so i hope to visit with them tomorrow.
We will leave to Moorea Tuesday morning.That is the next Island over from here and have heard its awesome.My days are numbered here so I will Island hop to Bora Bora.That will be the last Island we will see of French Polynesia and will then will move on to the Cook Islands.
Thats all I know for now so I will write tomorrow before we go.


P.S.Sorry I havent loaded any pics lately.We have made it to the big City but internet is still to slow.I will post some as soon as I can.
PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment