Thursday, August 12, 2010

Arrived Apia,Samoa

Hello All,
Sorry for the delay on the update.We had an excellent 75 mile crossing.it was completely flat so we had to burn some fuel. We arrived in Apia yesterday afternoon and got checked in with all of the officials.The last one left the boat about 1600,we were then allowed to go ashore.They have a very nice marina here where all of the visiting yachts come to stay.They dont allow anchoring in the bay anymore because the port needs the room for the ships.It is a very nice marina and is pretty reasonable.They built it like a year ago.It is the first marina I have tied up to since San Diego.We will stay here a week and then check out a few anchorages on this Island and then go over to Savii Island next door to the west.
Jon and I will take a tour of the Island tomorrow by bus.It is alot different than American Samoa.These guys are an Independent country and were formerly owned by Britain so it has a european feel to it.One of the officials told us that both American Samoa and these Islands speak the same Samoan language.She looked at me and said" they just want to be american"haha.
I am writing this in a little cafe next door to the marina.The signal in the marina is to weak.I am dependent on my battery because I cant plug in here so I better get going.
I will keep you updated on current events.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment