Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Postponed Passage to Epi Island

Hello All,
I am writing you on our passage to Epi. I decided to wait one more day at Efate Island for more favorable winds. It was blowing pretty good on the day we were suppose to leave so I made the decision to give the weather one more day and it seemed to work out great. We are doing a night passage so we can make it to the anchorage in the light and it looks like we will be right on time. We should be there this morning about 9 AM. The wind was still pretty strong but has been coming down all night. We have been under a double reefed main and a staysail only and have been making good time.
Before we left we took the boat to the other side of the bay right by the narrow pass that we used to leave and anchored by a reef. The crew went snorkeling a few hours and I stayed behind just to keep an eye on the poorly set anchor. They said it was ok but nothing special.
I will give you my position tonight or tomorrow and let you know whats going on.
Talk to you soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment