Sunday, September 4, 2011

Rafal, Paula and I

Hello All,
Today we went into the village to see Stanley and get some water from there local well to refill the water tanks. You have to hand pump it and a few of the young locals helped us with the task. I repaired and old guitar that belongs to one of Stanleys friends, it needed some glue and a few things fixed on it so I was happy to help. I returned it back to him this morning. After we finished we carried the water jugs back to the dingy and then went for a walk to a few other villages a few miles from here. I haven't walked that far in a long time so I was pretty tired when we returned.
We will be going to the west side of the Island in a truck tomorrow to see customs and go see what they have in the stores there. It will be an all day trip to go 40 miles so should be interesting. We also payed a visit to the Port Resolution Yacht Club today. It is Sunday so pretty quiet but a really cool place and has a beautiful view of the bay. Know one was around today but was cool to see it.
I have been meaning to tell this in the blog but a new boat came into the anchorage yesterday that I met in Vuda Point a few weeks ago, S/V Mahina Tiare 3, owned by John and Amanda Swan Neal. They are a very famous cruising couple that have wrote books and the like of all of there travels. I bought Amanda's cook book before I left Alaska just because it had good info for people with out refrigeration. When I figured out that this was the couple that wrote the book I took it over to where they were moored at Vuda and Amanda signed my book for me. John takes a paying group of 6 people around where they are traveling and teaches them about sailing, It is basically a charter boat. They took there group of six to the volcano tonight to see the awesome sights of Mt. Yasur and I hope to take my group of 2 there by Wednesday.
We hope to move on to Erromango Island 50 miles to the North by the end of the week but until then I will let you know how the volcano trip goes. We heard it like a jet plane going off today so I hope it shows us all of its colors when we get ready to go up there Wednesday night.
I will talk to you all later.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment