Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter weekend and seatrials

Hello All,
This last week has been very busy with the boat, Island touring, grocery shopping and getting the boat out in the bay. The driving tour around the south end of the Island was very nice. We had the New Zealand couple along with us and saw all of the sites and the day was beautiful. I have been down there before with my crew I got here with but we only hit the high spots due to lack of time. This time however we stopped at pretty much every look out and every little town and bay. The Spanish were first to settle here in the 1500's so there is some old churches and a Spanish fort that overlooks the whole Pacific Ocean.

Since we took the tour we have stocked up the boat and actually took it out in the bay yesterday. My new electric auto pilot had to be calibrated so we spent a few hours going around in circles and almost out the bay before all systems were dialed in. It works really well and will enjoy not having to steer the boat under engine only. Stephen and I also did a little bottom scrubbing to get the growth off. The propeller was stacked with a half an inch of barnacles, it hasn't turned since I got here 8 weeks ago. We will take it out sailing tomorrow afternoon.

Mark and Pauline on Sari Timur loaned me some Japanese charts to have copied so I can have paper charts of all of the waters that I will be visiting. Mark had a friend sell them hundreds of charts of Japan that he never got to use so I went over to Marks boat today and sorted through them finding the ones I need. They will be visiting Japan and Alaska next season. They have been very good friends and have helped me allot so I will take them to dinner tomorrow night.

Easter weekend was a great time at the Yacht Club, all of the members and there families were here Saturday and Sunday. One of the members is moving off of the Island in a month so Saturday was a party for them. They are big into doing tie dye tee shirts so I brought 2 in to have done. It was heaps of fun and we just rinsed them out tonight and they turned out awesome
.
Tomorrow we are doing laundry with Mark and picking up my copied charts and then we will go for a sail. I hope I remember how to sail the boat, its been a while.

I have met some really good folks here and its been a good place to camp out for a while.
I will write more later so bye for now.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment