Friday, April 13, 2012

Japan Bound

Hello All,
We are checked out of Guam with customs and are departing to Japan tomorrow morning. We had a nice dinner at the yacht club tonight and Jane, my friend and the yacht club cook had a going away cake made for me. A few of the members came down for dinner so we had a great time visiting and said our good byes.

We got to take the boat out sailing yesterday in the harbor and had a great sail for the afternoon. I forgot how much fun sailing for a few hours could be. You have to remember when I go sailing it is usually on a passage to get somewhere.

The yacht club has a tradition of making a wooden signs of visiting yachts over the years so in a mad scramble at the last minute I made one to hang up here. I am not much of an artist but with a nice piece of wood I bought and my tools on board I managed to make one in a days time. I meant to do this a month ago but time flies, its done and screwed to the eve of the club house and its not to bad. I took a picture so I will show it to you the next time I get Internet.

As usual its hard to say goodbye and leave another wonderful Pacific Island where the people make all of the difference and to be so kind and Guam is no exception. Japan will be a fast track visit so I wont get to plant roots to deep but I am sure like all of the other places in my travels I will leave a piece of my heart there to.

I will be in touch on the passage and keep you up to date.
Fair winds my friends and I will talk to you out on the water.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment