Tuesday, July 6, 2010

09 06.7S 158 20.62W

Hello All,
We are underway to Manihiki Atoll. It was very windy this morning so when we arrived in Omoka to check out I just jumped in the dingy and had Jon and Delphine run the boat out into the lagoon. The anchorage was very rough and I didn't want to take the chance of getting the anchor hung up in the coral. I got all of the paperwork all done then went and said good bye to a few folks we met while we were anchored there last week. It took me a few hours to make the rounds and then I had the boat meet me back at the dingy landing. We threaded our way through the coral heads and back to the pass. Once we got out side we got everything put away and got the sails ready to go. When I got on coarse I realized that we were going to be on a broad reach again so we ran up the working jib first and it was a little slow so we ran up the yankee and that worked much better so we are running under one sail again. It is working out fine though, we are making good speed and the seas are manageable. We should be in Manihiki Thursday morning.
Well I best get going, I have the 2300 to 0200 watch so I will get some sleep. Talk to you later.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment