Friday, July 9, 2010

10 42.61S 161 37.17W

Hello All,
We arrived at Manaihiki this morning at 0900. It was blowing 25 knots and the sea was at 6 feet or more. The anchorage was way to rough so I decided to move on. We were a little bummed out but the weather did not cooperate. You have to anchor on the ocean side of this atoll so it has to be decent weather. Our next stop will be American Samoa. I hope to make it a 6 day crossing but we will see when we get there. The wind is between 20 and 25 knots so we are moving right along between 4 and 5.5 knots. I have a double reefed main and the stay sail up.
We had such a great time in Penrhyn, I am really glad we came to the Northern Cooks so not all is bad. On the happier side of things we are looking forward to some fresh food and a cold beer lol. I have to get some stuff fixed on the boat to before I venture any further.
I will keep you up to date as usual so I will talk to you soon

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment