Sunday, July 18, 2010

Alava Mountain


Hello All,
I am sitting here at the McDonalds having breakfast and useing the internet.For some reason the signal got really weak on the boat so I came up here.Yesterday morning we set off on a hike up to the top of Alava Moutain.It is one of the highest peaks here on the Island and it overlooks the whole bay.When we set off it was raining and slightly overcast.I was hoping it would clear by the time we made the 5 mile hike.The trail is maintained by the park service and it follows up the ridge of the mountain so the climb is pretty gradual.The trail was pretty muddy but manageable.When we got to the top you couldnt see anything for all the fog.It did clear a few times so I got some decent pictures of the harbor and some of the bay.When we returned to the boat all of us were beat.We got an invite to go out last night with Compass Rose to one of the clubs but we passed on the offer and just stayed in and watched a movie.My legs are still sore,I guess I need to climb up mountains more often.
I am not sure what we will do today but we will think of something.
Thats all for now.

P.S. I have been slowly adding more pics in my Photo Albums so keep a look out for some new ones.


PEACE

2 comments:

  1. I spent time in Pago long ago. If you have the time and it's still possible head over to Ofu...You will not be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen said...
    Thank you for the latest photos. It looks beautiful and very warm. Hope you read my e-mail and go and explore. You are getting soft by sitting in the sail boat and motoring.

    ReplyDelete