Thursday, July 1, 2010

Windy Day on Penrhyn

Hello All,
I woke up this morning at 0600 to 30 knot winds and wind waves at 3 feet. I thought the weather was suppose to come down but it took its time. We are on the leeward side of the lagoon so we got the worst of it. I plan to move across tomorrow so it will be much better.
Jon took a trip to the east side of the lagoon with some locals this morning in their skiff. I wanted to go but I didn't want to leave the boat for that long. He went over with Robin, one of the guys that checked us in and with a local doctor just to do a check up for the 40 residents that live there in the village. He had an awesome time and they fed him fresh fish, lobster and all kinds of other foods. When he returned we went to the beach and went to visit Alex and his family. He changed some money for me so I wanted to go say hello and get my cash. Another boat showed up from the other anchorage on the east side from California, Mike and Mary and they were there visiting with Alex and his wife. We visited with all of them for an hour and then Mike and Mary headed out to go to Samoa. They said their good byes and we stayed to visit more. Mike showed up 30 minutes later and said his anchor chain was hung up on coral and had ripped his bow roller off in the swell and asked Alex if he knew any divers and Alex said yes, I know a diver, ME. So we all helped them get their anchor up and they left tonight. I hope we can get ours up with out to much trouble and we will spend a few days on the east side. Mike and Mary said its a very nice anchorage and lots of snorkeling to do and it is much more calm. So we are here all by our selves now.
I will let you know how it goes tomorrow and I will let you know who we meet.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment