Wednesday, July 7, 2010

09 56.81S 160 07.21W

Hello All,
We are having a great days sail. The wind turned slightly to the south so we are on a beam reach. It is blowing up to 25 knots so we took down the yankee and put a double reef in the main and stay sail and we are still doing 5 to 5.5 knots. I want to time this right so we will get to Manihiki in the day light and so far it looks like that will work out for us. Jons Birthday is today so Delphine made him some bread and I let him call home for a few minutes on the sat phone. All is going well, we have just been resting today and getting ready for another moonless night. I hope there we be no squalls this evening but I think that is to much to ask so we will just make the best of it, after all there are worse places to be in the world I am sure.
Manihiki is an atoll but you can not enter inside the lagoon so we will be anchoring on the lee side on the outside so we will see how it all works out.
Well that's all for now, I will let you know how it all goes tomorrow.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment