Saturday, March 6, 2010

1.44.00S, -132.55.00W

Hello All,
Well we finally made it past the equator at 0530 this morning(03-07-10). It is giving us a hello greeting by blowing 25 to 30 knot gusts. We are bucking into the swell somewhat so I have us doing about 3.5 to 4 knots with a stay sail and a single reef in the main. Any faster than that and the deck is a wash and more uncomfortable. We had good sailing yesterday and it was sunny most of the day. If we can keep up the pace we should be seeing land in about 6 days. I am looking forward to that for sure. The boat is holding up good so far. The nights are getting longer and longer on watch but we are hanging in there. When I write a book about this adventure I am going to include what this crossing is like, at least for us. All the books I have read don't talk about this crossing much. They just say how pleasant it was or nothing at all. We have had a few pleasant days but for the most part we have earned every mile. I don't mean to sound negative but the crossing name (Coconut Milk Run) doesn't fit the bill. I will think of a cooler name later on lol.
Ok well I better get going and see whats going on outside. Talk to you all later.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment