Monday, March 22, 2010

Still in Hanamenu Bay

Hello All,
Today was another eventful day. I worked on the boat today and got some more stuff fixed. At 11:00 a.m. Tobias and I took the dingy to shore to go have lunch with the locals and at the last minute I decided to head back for the boat. I didn't want to leave it that long with the wind blowing 30 and the swells were breaking over the bow so he went and had a really good time and some good food and I was hanging out on the boat grinding my teeth. About 2 p.m. I went to pick him up and as I got close to the shore I had a wave break over the dingy and I got the shower I needed for a day and the outboard got an oil change to remove the salt water after we had to row back. I am loving this bay, I can't think of so many lessons learned all in one place.
We will leave this windy paradise tomorrow for a bay just 8 miles east of here. We will see if it is more protected, I hope so.
All is good and the weather is awesome so I will let you know what the next bay is like tomorrow night.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment