Saturday, March 27, 2010

Arrived at Tahuata Island

Hello All,
We had a good day coming up to Tahuata Island. The wind was 15 to 20 knots on a beam reach and seas were awesome. We are anchored up at Tefau Bay at the moment. There is a little town here we are going to check out. There is ancient roads and stuff here we will look at and a small fishing boat came by a little bit ago and said we are welcome to go to church in the morning so I guess we will get to see all the locals that live here. It is a day off for everyone so we won't get to see the wood carvers at work. I guess they are very good and there work is sold in Tahiti. We will head for the next bay north Monday morning.
Fatu Hiva Island was awesome. We walked through the little town with a fresh stream that runs all the way through and said hello to a few locals, all are very friendly. Then we hiked up an old road to the top of one of the mountains and looked down over the bay and the little town. I got some really good pictures the whole day so when I can I will post them. Fatu Hiva is one of the most beautiful islands I have ever seen. We only spent 2 days there but it was worth every minute.
Okay well that's all I know so I will let you go.

P.S.I need to quit writing these emails at night. It is a real challenge to keep my brow from dripping on the keyboard. It is only 88 degrees in here lol.


PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment