Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Leaving Hanaiapa Bay Thursday

Hello All,
We had an eventful day today. Tobias went snorkeling again today and I got out my snorkel gear and went to put a new zinc on the prop shaft. The old one was getting pretty rotten and it must have came right off when I wrapped the line around it the other day. I also got the hull clean at the water line so the boat looks much better. We took the dingy to shore to look around after all the chores were done and ran in to a local named William. He speaks a little English so we visited for a bit at his home. He had a yacht guest book that we signed, I guess everyone that comes here signs it. There were lots of books with lots of folks that have signed in over the years. He gave us some fresh fruit from his property, Papaya, bananas, huge pamplemousse and some limes. He came back to the boat with us and checked it out. I found a photo of my boat I gave him so he can put it in the book with all the rest. We gave him some nuts, pasta and some pasta sauce. He seemed pleased by the trade of goods.
It was a little over cast today and rained for a spell. It was nice to not be so hot for a change. We will be leaving for Fatu Hiva this morning. I am hoping the wind has lied down enough for us to get around the corner of the Island with out tacking, at least for most of the way. We need to go 15 miles to get around so we can head south. By then we should be on a nice beam reach with Saint Monitor doing all the steering.
That all I know for now so we will speak to you all soon.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment