Friday, March 12, 2010

-913.13.27, -138.20.28

Hello All,
LAND HO!!We have spotted Hiva Oa Island 40 miles out off the starboard side. That is our first land fall. There is a town on the southern side called Atuona, that is where we will anchor and do all the formalities with the local gendarmerie (means police in french) It sounds like a pretty cool place from what I have read. I guess we will find out soon enough. I hope to obtain a 3 month visa for French Polynesia so we will have time to do some serious exploring. I looked into all of this customs business a while ago and everything looked good for a 90 day stay but from what I have heard they change the rules every year but not the rule book so according to my sources they have been only giving 30 day visas but this year it is back to 90 days. Well enough of all that, we will have a good time no matter how long we get to stay.
I don't know how well my email will work on anchor so you may have to bear with me. I will look for WiFi in town but I think that will be a stretch. We should be getting in around 10 am. I will try to email tomorrow night and see how it works.
That's all I know so everyone have a good night.


PEACE

1 comment: