Friday, March 12, 2010

-7.47, -137.34

Hello All,
We are 140 miles away from the islands now. The weather here in the southern trades has been excellent. It has been calm seas and 5 to 10 knot winds and just a few clouds around the last few days. The stars down here are pretty cool, I am not familiar with them so it's all new to me. The Southern Cross has emerged it self from the horizon and like our big dipper up north is very prominent in the night sky. The night shifts have been pretty cool to see all the heavens. The wind picked up a little tonight so we are making good speed the only problem is at this rate we will get there tomorrow night around 8 pm our time and it's dark then so, I never thought I would say this but we may have to reduce sail and slow the boat way down to get there in the light, always something here on the high seas to make life interesting. I don't know how this email is going to work being surrounded by the mountains of the island but I will try to get a line out once we get in.
It will be pretty cool to see land after all this time. I will get lots of pics for everyone to see when I can get to the internet.
Well that's all I know for now so will talk to you later.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment